Dodd House (1880- )
Cyrus Morris Dodd, Class of 1855 and professor of mathematics built the original Dodd House in 1880. Upon professor Dodd's death in 1897, his daughters Grace and Agnes operated a boarding house called Netherleigh in the residence, adding a wing to the north in 1902. In 1909 the building was purchased by a group of Williams alumni who formed the Williams Alumni House, Inc . Their intention was, "to establish a suitable place of social entertainment for the stockholders, alumni, president and trustees of Williams College and their guests." The house was enlarged by additions to the south for a lounge and rooms above, and the dining room and kitchen were extended to the north. In October 1912, L.G. Treadway was hired to manage the "college hotel". Parsons House was annexed in 1915. In an effort to make the establishment more profitable, Treadway changed the name to the Williams Inn to attract travelers and tourists. The corporation known as the Williams Alumni House, Inc. was dissolved in 1956 and the inn became the property of the president and trustees of Williams College. The building was leased to the Treadway family until a new Inn was completed in 1974. The former inn was renamed Dodd House and converted for use as a dormitory.