May 7th, 1927
The Williams Record reports on the new road over Petersburgh Mountain pass.
Work begun the previous September on the highway will "cut off some 13 miles" from the trek to Troy. The route will have temporary surfacing when it opens in 1928 but it will not have permanent macadam surfacing until 1929 when the winter storms and thaws have settled the roadbed. New York and Massachusetts purchased 100 feet on both sides of the roadway to eliminate hot dog shanties and filling stations, and possible eyesores.