This Day in Williams History
May 22nd, 1792 The trustees of the Williamstown Free School write to the Massachusetts General Court asking to convert the School to a college named Williams Hall. more »
May 25th, 1829 John R. Hickok (non-graduate of the Class of 1831) is fined 50 cents for attending a dancing school. (Faculty Meeting Minutes)
May 28th, 1898 Cap & Bells offers its first production, a comedy "For one night only." more »
June 12th, 1838 Hopkins Observatory is dedicated.
June 18th, 1950 Williams awards 328 B.A.s at the college's first outdoor commencement exercises. more »