Williams College Thesis FormatFormatting for double sided printing
- In Microsoft Word, go to the File Menu and click on Page Layout.
- Select Margins and then Custom Margins (at the bottom of the menu).
- Set the Top box to 1", the Bottom box to 1", the Inside box to 1.5", and the Outside box to 1".
- In the Multiple pages dropdown box, select Mirror margins.
- Make sure that the Apply to box is set to Whole document.
- Click OK.
Now the margins will alternate with the inside margin always being 1.5" and the outside margin always being 1".
Questions -- If you have questions concerning thesis submission deadlines, please contact your thesis advisor or the Dean's Office. Questions regarding the physical preparation of your thesis can be directed to Sylvia Kennick Brown, College Archivist