Confidential Disposition Day (Shred Day)!
Oct 25 2016, beginning at 8:30am
ProShred, a professional confidential disposition company, will shred (on-site at the Library Shelving Facility) records in need of destruction. There will be seven stops on campus.
1. Email Jessika at email@example.com with the number of boxes you plan to shred. Jessika will provide a label and an accession number. This way, Archives can track how many boxes are destroyed. This is required.
Get label for boxes here.
2. Register. This is also required.
3. On Shred Day you wheel out or carry material to be shredded to designated stop. Your unit may arrange for help from the facilities department in advance.
3. Library Shelving Facility Staff pick up the records. ProShred shreds material at the Library Shelving Facility.
4. If you have an overabundance of records in need of confidential destruction and are concerned about transport to the "shred stop" please contact Jessika Drmacich at firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to Shred Day. In order to store material in preparation for confidential disposition, you must have a label and an accession number. You may get the label and accession number from Jessika.
If materials to be shredded are in binders, please remove paper from binder. Three ring binders cannot be shredded. You do not need to remove paper clips or staples. You can also dispose of floppy discs, audio cassettes, VHS, CDs, and DVDs. Please separate this type of material in a separate box that is clearly labeled. To obtain a label template see above.
If you are uncertain of what to shred, please refer to your department's or office's retention schedule. If you don't have a retention schedule and would like one, contact Jessika.
Also, this list is helpful when deciding what to weed.
Stops: (times are subject to change)
1. Hopkins & Chapel, 880 Main Street 8:30AM
2. Athletics, 22 Spring Street 8:50AM
3. Back of Hollander, 85 Mission Park Drive 9:10AM
5. Development, 75 Park Street, 9:30 AM
4. Music, 54 Chapin Drive 9:50AM
6. Sciences, 35 Morely Drive, 10:10AM
7. Weston Hall, 10:30AM
For more information contact Jessika Drmacich. She is happy to help.