The Williams College Archives and Special Collections will allow for limited photocopying of unrestricted materials. All photocopying decisions are made on a case by case basis by staff and in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Photocopying of documents in good condition will be allowed, but the College Archives reserves the right to refuse or to limit a duplication request. Some items may not be able to be photocopied due to size, fragility, deterioration, binding, or other prohibiting conditions.
- Please consult the fee chart for specifics about cost of photocopying and shipping.
- Upon request, a member of the Archives staff will provide a page count and cost estimate before photocopying requested materials. The invoice is sent at the time of request.
- All payments must be in USD (United States Dollar). Cash and check payments may be made in person at the department. For long-distance requests, only checks are accepted and they must be made payable to Williams College and should be drawn on a US-based bank. Williams College Archives and Special Collections do not accept credit cards. Once payment is received, the photocopied items will be sent to the patron. For international requests, please consult an Archives Staff member for details.
- Reproductions will be used only for personal reference and research and are not to be sold or recopied. Copies may not be added to the holdings of another library or archival repository.
- Photocopies of material does not constitute permission to publish. The researcher will have to submit a formal request to use these materials in any publication. See an Archives staff member for details.
- Reproductions are to be used within the definitions of "fair use" under the copyright laws of the United States. It is the responsibility of the person requesting copies to obtain use rights from the copyright holder(s).
- Restricted, confidential, and sensitive materials will not be copied.
- Rush service is not offered (except for the Williams College community). The requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. The staff will make every effort to complete each request in a timely manner.
- Williams College Archives and Special Collections reserves the right to refuse or limit a duplication request.