The Williams College Archives and Special Collections will allow researchers to photograph unrestricted materials from its holdings under the following guidelines:
Personal Camera Use Policy
- Permission to photograph materials must be obtained from a member of the Archives staff prior to the taking of any photo/digital images.
- No outside lights or strong flashes are permitted.
- Researchers will not place collection documents in jeopardy, or take extraordinary measures to get the "best" image.
- Photographs and/or digital images will be used only for personal reference or research.
- Duplication of material does not constitute permission to publish. The researcher will have to submit a formal request to use these materials in any publication. See an Archives staff member for details.
- Researchers accept full responsibility in determining whether or not the documents photographed are protected by current copyright law.
- Photographs and/or digital images will not be placed in other libraries or archival repositories.
- Williams College Archives and Special Collections reserves the right to prohibit photography of any of its collections and holdings.