Processed by: Lily Oei, July 1992
Total Volume: 4 Boxes: 2 linear feet
Provenance: The First Congregational Church Records are comprised of records randomly collected by members of the church. The contents of Box 1, Folder 2 were donated by Southworth Bulkley Griffin, Class of 1916 (grandson of Nathaniel H. Griffin, Class of 1834, son of Solomon B. Griffin, Class of 1872, and nephew of Edward Dorr Griffin.) The remainder of the collection was deposited with the College Library by the First Congregational Church in 1978 for safekeeping and research. To facilitate access to the collection, an artificial organization was imposed on the records during processing.
Conservation: Materials were rehoused in acid free folders and flattened. Special boxes or folders were made for documents charred by fire.
Copyright: Williams College Archives
Request for permission to publish material from the collection must be submitted in writing to the College Archivist.