Processed by: Lynne Fonteneau McCann, May 1995
Total Volume: 24.5 linear feet (16 boxes)
Provenance: The Armstrong Collection was donated to the Williams College Library in 1951 by gift of Margaret Howe and Samuel Scoville, daughter and grandson of Samuel Chapman Armstrong. The collection has been reorganized to faciliate access. Correspondence and copies of previous accession records are located in the accession file.
Conservation: Material was rehoused in acid-free folders and boxes. Metal fasteners were removed and newspaper clippings were photocopied onto acid-free paper. Photographs were removed from individual envelopes and rehoused in acid-free folders. Documents in fragile condition were repaired or encapsulated as necessary.
Copyright: Williams College Archives
Request for permission to publish material from the collection must be submitted in writing to the College Archivist.