Minutes of the Free School Trustees, April 24,1785At a meeting of the Trustees of the Donation of Ephraim Williams Esq. for maintaining a Free-School in Williamstown in the County of Berkshire and Commonwealth of Massachusetts, held at Pittsfield on the twenty fourth day of April A.D. 1785.
- William Williams
- Theodore Sedgwick
- Woodbridge Little
- Thompson J. Skinner Esqs.
- Revd. Seth Swift
- Revd. Daniel Collins
- Capt. Israel Jones
- David Noble Esq.
- Theodore Sedgwick
2. Resolved, To appoint a Committee of three, to account and settle with the Executors of the will of Ephraim Williams Esq. and receive a transfer of all the property, estates, rights and credits, contained in the Legacy for the purpose of maintaining the Free School aforesd. agreeable to the Act of Incorporation. And Thompson J. Skinner, Woodbridge Little Esqs. and Capt. Israel Jones were appointed a Committee for the purpose aforesaid, who are directed upon the Executors transferring the sd. property, estates, rights and credits, on oath, to give them final discharges.
3. Resolved,That the aforesd. Committee appointed to receive a transfer of the property, estates, rights, and credits, contained in sd. Legacy, be and hereby are, directed to deliver over the same to the Treasurer of this Corporation, taking his particular receipt therefor, and at the same time to deliver sd. receipt or receipts to the Clerk of this Corporation, to be kept by him and recorded.
4. Resolved, That the Clerk of this Corporation, in future, shall take the following Oath, for the faithful performances of the duty of his office, viz. You A.B. being appointed Clerk to the Trustees of the Donation of Ephm. Williams Esq. for maintaining a free-school in Williamstown, solemnly swear that you will faithfully, honestly and impartially record all such votes, orders and resolves, of the sd. Trustees as shall be notified to you by the President, and that you will discharge all the duties of your sd. office, according to your best skill and judgment, so help you God.
5. Resolved, That the Treasurer of this Corporation, shall at all times, in future, give Bonds, with surety or sureties, for the faithful discharge of the duty of his office.
6. Resolved, That the Revd. Seth Swift, present Treasurer, give Bonds to this Corporation with sufficient surety or sureties in the sum of three thousand pounds lawful money, for the faithful discharge of the duty of his office.
7. Resolved, That the Clerk and Treasurer of this Corporation, as soon as may be convenient, provide themselves with suitable books for Records, and produce their accounts of the cost.
8. Resolved, That the Treasurer at each meeting of the Trustees, shall lay before them a fair account of all his receipts and expenditures; and that the Clerk, at each meeting of the Trustees, produce the Records of all past votes and resolves, and that he record the names at large of the several Trustees present at each particular Meeting.